Sony XBR8 Triluminos LED LCD HDTV – Review


The delivery guy just picked up the XBR8—Sony’s tri-color LED Backlit HDTV. I’m a bit sad because I’d never seen an LCD shine like that before. I only had it set up in my living room for a short while. A little HBO, some movies, not much gaming at all. But it would have been long enough to pick apart a TV by just watching it. And during that time Sony’s picture defied any major complaints. Standard definition TV looked colorful, clear and without too many artifacts, reminiscent of how good it did on ye old standard def CRTs, before flat panels started hamfisting the upscaling. On the high end, High definition content from a Blu-ray disc felt like pricks from hypodermic needles, 1920 x 1080 of them, filled with a solution of video joy suspended in photons, as well as some unknown meds that made my chest tighten and my eyes unable to blink. It was by far the best LCD I’d ever seen, and as David Katzmeier from CNet said when he reviewed it, one of the best sets ever, although not as fine of a picture as the now extinct Pioneer Kuro plasma sets.

Click Here To Read The Full Article @ Gizmodo

0 comments: